Announcements DC Metro Chapter
Dear Member of the LRIG DC Metro Chapter:
Please Attend the LRIG Show on April 14th
DC Metro LRIG (formerly Chesapeake LRIG) is having a kick-off event! After a long hibernation, some new and former members are rekindling the local LRIG.
You are cordially invited to attend. See the newest products in the Life Science Research Industry while enjoying some refreshments.
When: April 14th
Time: 3 - 7 pm
Where: The Bolger Center
Sign up and get more information here:
It is free! Just sign up using the link above and attend.
Food & Cash Bar. There will be a nice selection of food including crab cakes, sushi, beef skewers, and shrimp, coffee, tea, water and a Cash Bar. Please tell your colleagues!
Presentations. There will be 20 minute presentations on some of the newest products. Topics will be posted on the link above.
Door Prizes will be given out periodically, but you have to be there to win.
Not familiar with LRIG? Well check it out here: http://www.lrig.org/.
LRIG – Laboratory and Robotics Integration Group
Robotics and Research - The plan is to
re-focus the group on Laboratory Automation and Life Sciences, not
simply just robotics. LRIG was originally started to allow the exchange of
ideas regarding complex robotics integration. It was costly and timely to get
various pieces of equipment to “speak” to each other. That is not the case
anymore, so an additional focus on life sciences, as well as streamlining
processes makes sense. In addition, the rekindled LRIG would allow
If you have any questions, let us know.
And remember, please invite your colleagues!
The LRIG Interim Committee:
Judy, Liza, Scott, Tom, and EJ
For more information visit:
Hello DC Metro LRIG Vendor.
Thank you for participating in the DC Metro LRIG show scheduled for April 14. Here are some tips and advice that will help make your show successful:
· Items can be shipped to the site to arrive the day before…there are no provisions for site storage. This shipping address is:
ATTN: Debbie Halpin, LRIG Meeting
9600 Newbridge Drive
Potomac, MD 20854
· The Bolger Center has rooms right on campus. We have a discounted rate of $120-$170/night and rooms can be booked by responding back to this email. You will then receive a link on Friday to book your room.
· Please remember that this is a table top show and you will have a standard 2x6 table. Everything needs to be either on your table or behind your table…nothing in the aisle. Please plan your display accordingly and refrain from displaying heavy items that might cause a concern.
· There will be electric available but you will need to supply a power strip and cord
· We are asking vendors to supply door prizes, of a value not to exceed $35. Door prizes will be raffled off to attendees and donors will be announced. Please drop these off at vendor check-in. Appropriate prizes would include company logo merchandise such as hats and shirts, gift cards, gift baskets, and other similar prizes.
· Set up time begins at 1 pm and the event begins at 3 pm. If you should require additional time, please let us know
· We are asking you to assist in the marketing of this event. Please take a moment to send out an invite to your contacts and customers, including the link for the Eventbrite sign-up. Here is an invitation that you can cut and paste.
DC Metro LRIG Spring Vendor Show
Thursday, April 14 - 3:00pm - 7:00pm
If you do not see the EventBrite details below or if you would prefer to see the page full-screen, please visit the EventBrite Registration Page.
Please visit the EventBrite Registration Page for registration details. Exhibitors must also register individually as attendees.